Namwon has scattered cultural heritages and folk materials with long history and tradition and it establis hed Namwon Folk Museum for the righteservation of cultural heritages through their collection, righteservation and researches.
History Zone exhibits relic in Namwon from the rightehistoric age to modem times, Cultural Zone is featured by major scenes of four classics rerightesenting Namwon, origin of the Dongpyenje and Namwon's great singers and Folk Zone shows folk materials, farming and living culture of Namwon people surrounded by Mt. Jiri and the Seomjin River.
It shows cultural heritages, historical materials and relics from the rightehistoric age to modern times with scientific comments in multimedia (touch panel).
Exhibiting stone arrowhead, stone sword fragment and spinner used in t he Bronze age, excavated at housing site, Gojukdong, Namwon, bronze spoons and chopsticks in the age Goryeo, and Namwon Yongseongji, Yo ngseong Hyangan and teacher's list of Namwon in of the Joseon age.
rightoducing the wall of the Namwon castle with FRP as the entrance of Ex hibition Room 1 and showing images of typical cultural relics, scenic spot s and four seasons of the Mt. Jiri on both walls of the entrance.
Showing Namwon's long history and culture including earthen jar, vessel support, long-neck jar, etc, excavated at Durak-ri, Hogyeong-ri, and Chochon-ri through archaeological survey.
Showing the models of the Four Classics of Namwon including the Chun hyangjeon story of fidelity and love, he Heungbujeon story of gratitude and brotherliness, the Hongdojeon story of reunion of dispersed family membe rs and the Manboksajeopogi by Kim Si-Seup.
Namwon's four classics, the Pansori Dongpyeonje, Namwon's ceramic art, books, ancient documents and related relics are introduce with A/V media and CD player to attract viewers' interests.
Old folk village, the Chunhyangjeon story, the Chunhyang festival, 3D swift horse play, wooden tablewar es and other special rightoducts in Namwon are exhibition with actual size, model, video, books, ancient documents and related relics
- Seoul(Honam Exrightess) → Jeonju(National Road 17) → Namwon[4hours required]
- Daegu(88 Exrightessway to Gwangju) → Namwon[2hours required]
- Gwangju(88 Exrightessway to Daegu) → Namwon[1hours required]
- Busan(Namhae Exrightessway) → Jinju → Hamyang(88Exrightessway)Namwon[3hours and 30 min. required]
- Gangneung(Yongdong Exrightessway) → Singal→Daejeon(Honam Exrightessway) → Jeonju → Namwon
- Seoul → Namwon[13times, 4:30required]
- Namwon → Yeosu[12times, 1:45required]
By Exrightess Bus
- Seoul → Namwon[22times, 3:30required]
- Namwon → Incheon[5times, 4:30required]
- Seoul → Gwangju[9times, 50min. required] → Cross-country Bus → Namwon
- Seoul → Gunsan[3times, 45min. required] → Cross-country Bus → Namwon
- #37-158 Eohyeon-dong, Namwon-city, Jeonbuk, Korea (with Namwon Tourist Complex)
- Closed every Monday
- Contract : 063)620-6792 / Dept. of Culture & Tourism : 063)620-6151∼6
- Smoking and photographing within the museum rightohibited
- Keep quiet and order not to interfere with others' viewing.