City Flower : Royal Azalea
- Symbolizes courtesy, patience, integrity and abundance.
- Azalea flowers grow naturally all over the country. The royal azalea colony on Baraebong Peak, Jirisan Mountain is famous (Baraebong Peak, Bonghwasan Mountain, Royal Azalea Festival).
- Popular among the general public
- Used to express love among couples and to make rice cake and liquor.
City Tree : Crape Myrtle
- Symbolizes glory, reconciliation, reciprocity and virtue.
- Planted as an ornamental tree at pavilions, palaces and gardens for their beautiful form, “famous as a beautiful forest”
- Tenacious life, the flower blooms for 100 days in the summer (and is known as youth-and-old-age)
- The tree grows across the city, planted along Chunhyangro Road and riverside roads.
City Bird : Swallow
- Harbinger of spring
- The messenger of news from afar, the fastest bird, symbolizes the vision of Namwon to become the one of the top global cities.
- Symbolizes the origin of the story of Heungbu.
- The hero of the story about a return for a favor, rewarding virtue and punishing vice. → Shows people’s warm hospitality and being a good place to live with sound customs